1896 - The Reverend Henry Keigwin reaches Ft. Dallas (now Miami) to find a congregation that was net yet incorperated and very small. He begins holding services in a rough board restaurant and organizes the church in April 1896. Services move to a tent and then moved again to a Pavilion which is shared with the Baptists and Methodists.
1898 - Henry M. Flagler, the pioneer builder and developer in Florida, takes a personal interest in the First Presbyterian Church's building site and finances the first church to be built on the corner of Flagler and 3rd Ave.
1900 - The First Presbyterian Chruch building is completed. The church is erected next to the Royal Palm Hotel and the FEC Railroad, which attracts many winter tourists and families.
1914-1925 - William Jennings Bryan teaches a large Sunday School class and is the sole missionary supporter for the Sarah Farris and the Edward Clark families.
1926 - A major hurricane destroys the steeple of the church and it is never replaced.
1947 - There is rapid growth in Miami and the church needs more space. The church decides to move properties from its downtown location to 609 Brickell Ave. This site provides a central location across from the river and next to large neighborhoods.
1949 - The new sanctuary is complete. Flagler Memorial Chapel is built as a replica of the origional church building complete with stained glass, pews, puplit, and fixtures.
1992 - Hurricane Andrew damages the cupola and parts of the sanctuary's interior. Renovations begin to repair the damage.